Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Rock LO Two - "Gone Fishing"

This LO was made using the CTMH pp "You Rock" and the stamp set, C12356, Hook Line and Sinker.
The technique for club this month was "wet embossing". We used Olive and Outdoor Denim embossing powder to random stamp on the White Daisy Cardstock. I did not want the stamping to be too perfect, so we stamped the images lightly or tapped off any heavily stamped embossing powder. It gives the stamping a rougher or more rustic look to me. The random stamping was done on both strips of WD cardstock, however, shows up better on the left half of the LO because that strip of CS has a larger border, something to keep in mind as you place your random stamped images, hehe, not so random maybe, going for placement closer to the edges or between photo mats.
We had a lot of fun making these LOs. The fish idea was Patty's...she is after all our expert fisherman. I loved the fish on a line idea!
I really liked how this LO turned out, pretty simple and clean. It garnered me an invite to go fishing! Oh no, me...in a boat...fishing? Crazier things have happened hmm? Peachy Heart Hugs, Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment